There’s no better holiday for fans of a ship than Valentine’s Day, which is basically a celebration of love. So when it comes to compiling lists to celebrate those great love stories, celebrating Linstead was an obvious choice.
While it certainly hasn’t been an easy journey for Jay Halstead and Erin Lindsay, it’s been worth the wait and the ups and down that have come with the journey. There is a genuine sense of a partnership both in their personal and professional lives, which is only one of the reasons why Linstead are couple goals.
As the two continue to navigate the relationship waters of dating and living together, they also continue to have so much fun in their lives and bring us moments that make our fangirl hearts race.
1. That moment Jay kicked a guy’s ass for verbally harassing Erin.
“My hero.” It was the moment we got our first glimpse at the flirtatious and protective side of Linstead in the show’s pilot. Get the man who will kick a dude’s ass when he verbally harasses you (even if you could do it yourself.) Such a gentleman.
2. That moment Jay and Erin made out as a cover on a stakeout.
I mean, why not use your Intelligence couple as undercover boyfriend and girlfriend? Especially if it brings us a super-hot make out stakeout.
3. That moment Jay had breakfast with Erin and her mom.
When your boyfriend wants to formally have breakfast with your troubled mother because that’s what you do (even though you’ve already met her before.)
4. That moment Jay asked Erin to move in with him.
When your boyfriend delivers the most beautiful proposal asking you to move in. Cases, bosses, and jobs come and go. But Jay doesn’t want Erin to come and go.
5. That moment when Erin then asked Jay to move in with her.
When your girlfriend, who has trouble letting people in, wants to let you in.
6. That moment Erin got jealous when a lawyer gave Jay her phone number.
When your significant others are playful with their jealously. This is the stuff I want to see! To see how comfortable they are with their love for each other that they can be playful with this kind of stuff. Lindsay doesn’t get serious jealous.
7. That moment Erin told Jay “I love you” for the first time.
It was such an honest confession, almost a plea for him to love her back. It was almost scary to feel the way she feels about Jay. It was so damn beautiful.
8. That moment Jay told Erin “I love you” for the first time.
In case you had any doubts. Anyone? Anyone? That’s what I thought.
9. That moment Jay and Erin had their first kiss.
Dear lord. The entire world stopped. And my heart nearly did, as well. What. A. Kiss.
10. That moment Jay and Erin had their first time.
So. Much. Chemistry. So. Many. Feels.
11. That moment when Jay and Erin made the words “maybe one day” painful and swoonworthy at the same time.
Angst. Sweet, beautiful angst. This is the stuff that OTPs are made of. And this was the scene where the show spelled out – in all capital letters – that Linstead was the endgame. The looks, the touches, the chemistry. Fuego.
12. That moment they proved they’re a dynamic partnership.
Halstead and Lindsay have – from the start – been a dynamic partnership that’s quite difficult to come close to. They have each other’s backs. Always.
13. That moment Erin hugged Jay because she needed to feel that he was okay.
Sometimes seeing someone is okay isn’t enough. Sometimes you just need to feel that someone is okay, which is what Erin did after Jay was involved in a shootout. Feels.
14. That moment we learned Jay felt like a house husband.
If there’s one thing that is pure genius it was the decision to give backstory to the reason why Erin is always the one driving the car when her and Jay are inside. She’s got seniority. And the way they joke about it is so playful.
15. That moment Jay told Erin to never apologize for who she is.
It’s a damn shame it was only a deleted scene. Cause I’ll be damn honest if this wasn’t a scene that is representative of their relationship. Always being accepting of each other. Always encouraging each other. Always managing to balance their personal and professional lives in the right way.
16. That moment Jay wanted to know more about where Erin came from.
Erin is someone with a complicated past. So anytime Jay has an opportunity to get to know more about her, he’s going to take it. But the way he told her that he was interested in figuring out where she came from was enough to melt my heart.
17. That moment Jay encouraged Erin to take a promotion.
The way that Jay and Erin have always been supportive of each other’s personal and professional endeavors has always been one of my favorite things about their relationship. They inspire and encourage each other to be better. And it’s so beautiful.
18. That moment Jay was there for Erin when she lost a friend.
The moment Nadia was murdered was the moment everything changed. This was an event that shook the show to its core, especially Erin. Jay was there to be the comfort she needed during this horrific time. Even if it didn’t take away the pain, just being there is enough.
19. That moment Erin was there for Jay after he lost a friend.
One of the beautiful things about their relationship is how they are able to lean on each other in times of need. This case – with losing a former military friend – shook him the entire episode. And Erin was by his side to help ease the pain in any way she could.
20. That moment when Erin wanted to play “Scrabble” with Jay.
When Jay had a bounty of his head, he asked Erin if he could crash with her after his apartment had been broken into. She obliged but joked about Jay wanting to play Scrabble (aka have sex) with her. Scrabble will forever hold a new meaning for me.
21. That moment Erin volunteered to tase Jay.
The fun, flirtatious way that Erin and Jay are at work is one of my favorite things. They never let their relationship get in the middle of their work, but that doesn’t mean they can’t have a little fun and flirty time.
22. That moment Jay brought his girl some fast food (a combo).
Get yourself a man who will bring you your favorite fast food (a combo no doubt!) when you’re stuck at work. The domesticity was almost too much to bear.
23. That moment they first lingered on each other.
OTPs are made of longing glances, sexual tension, and angst. This was the moment that you knew that Erin and Jay’s love story was going to happen. This was the first moment.
24. That moment Erin saved Jay’s life.
The one thing that was able to shake Erin from her spiral was hearing the news that Jay had been kidnapped. She immediately leaped into action and put herself in danger in order to save Jay. All the feels!
25. That moment Jay saved Erin’s life.
There was never a doubt only a sense of urgency when Jay bounded into that room and shot the man that was holding a knife to Erin’s throat. It was instinctual. The man was going to hurt her. Jay was not going to let that happen.
26. That moment Jay and Erin went undercover at a sex club.
Can we just acknowledge how attractive these two are as individuals and as a couple? Cause damn. This undercover mission allowed for a lot of innuendo and subtle flirting that boded us over until they officially hooked up several episodes later.
27. That moment Jay and Erin got back together.
Someone give a reward to that damn couch because it was the object that brought these two dorks back together. The way Jay sits up straight after Erin kisses him and gets so serious (he wants it so bad) is something that continues to play on a loop in my head.
28. That moment Erin understood why Jay was looking into her “father.”
See that is a healthy reaction and response given the circumstances. There’s a level of trust there that Erin understands why Jay is doing what he’s doing. He’s just trying to protect her and do what she can’t bring herself to do.
29. That moment Jay and Erin went public for the first time.
This was a huge moment for them as they’d gotten used to existing as a couple alone in the sanctity of their own home. But the two lovebirds took a big step to make their love known to the world.
30. That moment Erin told Jay she’d see him at home.
Don’t even get me started on the way Jay was smiling when he was asked if Erin was his girlfriend. He’s too perfect.
What are some of your favorite Linstead moments?