There are no ACTUAL spoilers here, but there are teases, so if you want to go into the Suits season premiere with no expectations or pre-conceived notions, better hit that back button. You’ve been warned.
Ah, Suits. It’s been a long time since you and I have been close enough for me to consider writing about you. But the last scene of season 8 endeared you to me again. Not just because I’d literally been waiting for 84 years, but also because it felt like you stopped playing against common sense and established characterization. So, here we are again.
Here I am again. Here you are again.
Yes, you. You who gave up. Or you who lost hope. You’re back here with me, aren’t you? And it feels so damn good.
So, let’s talk about the aptly titled “Everything’s Changed” and try to tease some things from the Season 9 premiere:
- Keep your eyes (and ears) peeled for the first scene of the episode. It’s one of those that’ll be on re-watch for the week to come.
- Louis Litt has the funniest scene of the episode, by far. And he’s perfectly Louis in it.
- Emotions are flying high in this episode, and some actually have to fight it out.
- I still would kill to steal everyone’s wardrobe. Katrina wins in that regard this episode, though Donna is a close second.
- The dynamics between Harvey and Donna haven’t changed as much as you think.
- Mike and Rachel are still very much a presence in the show, as it should be.
- Loyalty is still very much the thing guiding everyone’s decisions.
- I screamed into my pillow at least twice. No, three times.
- The final scene sets up what’s sure to be a season-long arc.
- Darvey fans have more than one scene to look forward to.
Are you excited for the premiere of Suits? What are you looking forward to the most? Share with us in the comments below!