Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s 10th episode of its final season, “Stolen,” changes everything for our team of agents as we head to the end. Old faces return (albeit looking a little different than we remember) and for the one billionth time, “Stolen” ends with our team once again split apart.
Also it wouldn’t be a Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode if Daisy Johnson didn’t go through a roller coaster of emotions during it. In “Stolen” Daisy finds out she has a sister, continues the slow build she is forming with Sousa and loses a mother at the hands of Nathaniel Malick. Jiaying’s death adds some real questions to what happens next. Is Daisy just going to fade away from existence? Or is this all just a different timeline all together? A different reality?
Well all these will have to be figured out soon as Malick kidnaps Jemma with the help of a young inhuman-powered John Garrett. Their (Sybil’s) plan is to extract Fitz’s location from Jemma as Fitz is the only reason in most predicted outcomes that the Chronicoms don’t succeed.
So the odds are completely against the team as they try to stop Malick and the Chronicoms, save Simmons, find Fitz and unscrew up the timeline. Then again though, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is at its best when everything is at it’s worst for the team. With that, let’s dive into the positives and negatives of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s “Stolen.”
- Daisy finally getting that moment of bonding she’s always wanted with Jiaying. We’ve all wanted to be able go back and talk with our mom or dad and Daisy gets that chance. It’s a lovely but way too short a moment.
- “Sometimes trying to do the right thing comes out all wrong.”
- Daisy is pushed into having that talk with Jiaying but Sousa. Simmons even notices that the chemistry the two have with each other. The last 3 episodes are going to be all action most likely but I do hope we get a few little Daisy/Sousa moments together.
- Though we did get this little Daisy/Sousa moment: Daisy – “You really are a square aren’t you?” Sousa – “Harsh…but yes.”
- We got to see Roxy again which was nice. She’s going to S.H.I.E.L.D. academy as Deke’s group wasn’t actually S.H.I.E.L.D. officially. No matter, she’ll always be Agent Roxy to us.
- Marvel should probably sell those Deke Squad t-shirts.
- Nice nod to Loki and the first Avengers movie as Garrett sees all the ways Coulson has died thanks to the time stream.
- A nice touch having Bill Paxton’s son play a young John Garrett.
- REFUSE TO BELIEVE FOR ONE SECOND THAT FITZ IS DEAD.
- Simmons and Deke have a chat where Jemma thinks her emotional reaction to remembering something during the time loops is because Fitz died. Deke tells her to keep the faith that Fitz is still somewhere out there. All I’m going to say is that if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has a character that’s been on the show since the very beginning die off-screen, that would be the stupidest move any tv show has ever made. Ever.
- My theory : Fitz is in hiding with him and Jemma’s daughter. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.
- Coulson takes Kora to the ship after icing her unconscious. Not sure what is going to happen with Kora. Feels like a quick redemption arc but not sure what she’s done to deserve one. We’d love to see sister bonding between Daisy and Kora but it needs to feel earned. On Daisy’s end , it more than is. On Kora’s….not so much right now. Things can change and hopefully they do.
My three hopes for the remaining episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: A happy ending for Daisy, a happy ending for FitzSimmons and a happy ending for the rest of the team. Is that too much to ask?
What did you think of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s latest episode? Let us know in the comments below!