Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×07 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Memory” is not my favorite episode of this show. In the grand scheme of episodes of TV I’ve watched, it’s not anywhere near the worst episodes, but it’s the first episode of this show in a while that I don’t actually feel like I want – or need to re-watch.
We all find things to relate to in TV, and some episodes just don’t hit the right notes for some of us. That’s normal, and one episode does not a tragedy make. And though I assume some of you are thinking, oh, if she didn’t like the episode …it’s a ship thing, if I’m being totally honest, my feelings about the episode have absolutely nothing to do with Clarkeman. So, make of that what you will.
- Memories are powerful stuff. They lift you up, they bring you down, and they push you forward, for better or worse.
- Has Zoey made any emotional headway since the end of episode 3, when she and Max put their relationship on a break? It doesn’t really feel like it.
- Which is, sometimes, the way with grief. Avoidance is much easier than dealing with your issues. But Zoey – and we – all need to, at some point.
- David remains one of the best parts of every episode of this show.
- I really like Aiden, okay? And he looks much better with his hair pulled back. I said what I said.
- One of my main gripes with this hour? It feels like the plot is dictating the characters instead of the other way around.
- Me to one character: For real? This sh** again?
- Spotted: Two people flirting at a restaurant opening. Is it who you expect …or not?
- There’s no worse thing than feeling like you’re a burden to the people you love. We’ve all been there.
- Mo and I have the same ideal man.
- I …mostly like Rose. I’d date her, what can I say? So hey, if you thought that was the part I didn’t like …back to the drawing board!
- Leif either gets a really good storyline, or a really bad one, it’s like there’s no middle ground.
- There are some very good friendship moments in this episode, it’s just that there are some really awful friendship moments too. Not sure they balance out as well as they should.
- Can we keep like, the Tobin from last episode? Can I get him back?
- C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N is KEY.
Are you excited for Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×07 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Memory”? Share with us in the comments below!
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist will return this Sunday, on NBC.