Legends of Tomorrow 6×07 “Back to the Finale Part II” finally lets Sara Lance reunite with the Legends, and it feels so good. The band is back together after a whole season apart and things have changed for both the Legends and their captain. But before we get into that, let’s talk about the biggest thing to come from “Back to the Finale Part II”….
AVALANCE IS ENGAGED!!!!!
Ava goes through all the emotions you can go through in “Back to the Finale Part II.” From the pain of loss at thinking Sara was gone forever to the sheer joy and relief to finally being reunited with the love of her life, Ava Sharpe deserves happiness in her life. That is what makes that beautiful proposal moment from Sara in front of the other Legends so special.
Even the most stoic soul would get a tear in their eye when Sara tells Ava that wherever she is , that is Sara’s home. It’s such a special moment made even more special with all the Legends there. Ava’s giddiness and sheer happiness at saying the word “Yes.” Seeing these two finally having this after so long a wait was worth it in the end. Much like John Constantine, we just love love. And Avalance is love in it’s most beautiful form.
Now, will the fact that Sara is now a clone and half-alien now put a few obstacles in her and Ava’s path? It’s possible, but there’s no doubt that they will overcome them. After all, they’ve overcome aliens, death and time travel just this season to reunite with one another. That’s the kind of love that can withstand anything that is thrown their way.
Avalance is the heart of Legends of Tomorrow and that heart is beating strongly right now.
As for the rest of the team, their big plan is to go back to the season 5 finale and save Sara there. Besides the obvious timeline implications, the plan goes astray for a number of reasons. “Back to the Finale Part II” does lead to some big things though for a few members of the team so let’s hit upon them real quick
- Zari finds out about John’s loss of magic during one attempt to convince past Sara to propose to Ava. While we’re big fans of this couple, the cracks are starting to show. Those cracks being Constantine’s pain at losing his magic. Any form of addiction is painful and the pain can hurt not just you but your loved ones as well. John’s efforts to get back his magic is starting to hurt his relationships with the people he cares about the most. Hopefully, as he promises Zari, “no more lies”
- Mick leads the charge to rescue Sara on Bishop’s planet and we get a lovely moment of how much Mick really does care about Sara. When Sara tries to clone a regular human version of herself, Mick convinces her that she doesn’t need to do that. It’s really nice to highlight the bond these two share as the only remaining OG Legends.
- Spooner got to bond with past Sara as they discussed their fears of letting the people they care about down. It was a brief scene but a touching one. Looking forward to seeing them together further into the season.
- Nate nervously ate a bunch of pasta. Unimportant but relatable.
So the team is all back together for the back half of this season. Sure, it’s going to rough sailing because it always is with Legends of Tomorrow. That’s just how we like it.
- So with his lab destroyed and his consciousness lost in the cloud forever, is Bishop gone for good? Boy we hope so.
- Also, when Mick, Sara and Gary left the planet, Kayla was left behind to fight hostile aliens. Definitely think we haven’t seen the last of her.
- Alternate Timeline Nate with a eye-patch and gravely voice gave us Castiel on Supernatural vibes.
- CHARLIE! We miss you Charlie.
- Behrad coming up with the plan to save Sara by going back into the past just highlights how much the dude cares about saving his friends. Underneath the “what me worry” vibes is a dude who just loves his pals so much he’s willing to mess up time so they can be happy. Something we’d all do if we’re being honest.
- Laurel Lance and Quentin Lance reference!! Wouldn’t mind seeing either of those two show up for the Avalance wedding coming up.
Legends of Tomorrow airs on the CW at 8 pm on Sunday Nights.