Manifest my friends. Manifestation is really your friend. I was just saying in my WitcherCon breakdown that I still wanted a Yennefer teaser as we hadn’t gotten one yet. Well, that has now changed because after I wrote about it, her teaser trailer was released!
Now, here is what I’m noticing when we watch it frame by frame.
- She is passed out against a tree and in her memories, we can see from the first season where she punched the mirror, which is familiar.
- There are a bunch of Nilfgaardian’s that are thrown through the fiery air. Maybe Yen is using her powers to escape since we know she was captured by their army.
- More scenes from the first season – the giant scorpion monster and when she buries the baby on the beach.
- Tissaia, a mage and rectoress of Aretuza who is the one that trains mages, yelling Yennefer. I’m assuming this is after the Battle of Sodden Hill and they can’t find Yennefer because she has been captured.
- Yennefer is still clearly in Nilfgaard’s clutches as she is chained and tied up.
- A mysterious person in a red cloak, who you don’t get a good look at, with a baby in their arms. Will this come to pass as part of a “child of surprise” in the form of her future relationship with Ciri? It could represent Yennefer finally becoming a mother, in regards to how Ciri will view her, as we know that Ciri and Geralt have a father/daughter relationship.
- We also get a look at an elf with red hair and Fringilla still serving Nilfgaard.
This is the teaser I have been desperately wanting for The Witcher. Yennefer is by far my favorite character from the series – Jaskier holds a special place as well. She has so much going for her as a character and she is a badass as well.
I’m not expecting another teaser trailer for Jaskier since he is more of a supporting character, but I will hope. The Witcher season 2 is set to premiere on December 17th so mark that on your calenders.
What did you think of the Yennefer teaser trailer? What do you want to be answered? Share with us in the comments below!