YASS! I asked and the Netflix gods saw fit to bless us with another season 2 character teaser for The Witcher – Geralt’s. Manifest the shit out of what you want. This is the lesson I have just learned. Could it be a coincidence, perhaps a planned teaser release for The Witcher? Most likely. But I’m going to take all the credit because I all but demanded them in the breakdown teaser post for Ciri.
Now, let’s take a gander at what Netflix has deemed us worthy to see.
Now, just like the Ciri teaser, we only get 12 seconds of footage to infer.
Here is what I caught from the first watch:
- Geralt in a castle
- Another sword
- Possibly Yennefer saying “salvation”?
- A scream which sounds childlike. Could it be Ciri?
- A coin
- That creepy red looking body from the Ciri trailer
Now, taking our inferences from the previously released Ciri teaser, let’s dig in a little further. Here are some more in-depth easter eggs I caught when I paused the video and broke it down frame by frame:
- We get more glimpses of a castle in Winter with Geralt and Ciri. Which is more than likely Kaer Morhen.
- Geralt asking “Are you ready?”. I’m going with him asking Ciri if she is ready to begin her in-depth training to control her powers and learn how to essentially fight like a Witcher without actually being one.
- Someone was walking while being handcuffed. We know from the previously released season 2 pictures that Yennefer has been captured by the Nilfgaardians. This is most likely more footage of her being held captive without us actually seeing her face.
- Someone is stepping out of the water. It doesn’t look like a man’s foot to me, but I’m going to dream that we have another scene with Geralt in a hot bath again. I wouldn’t protest that. At all.
- The man holding the coin is also seen right as there is a sound of a coin being tossed. There is also part of Jaskier’s guitar that we see in a frame. This has Jaskier written all over it. This isn’t very much to go on, but it is the first possible glimpse we have seen of him for season 2.
- Someone looking at blue flowers on the ground in Winter. Now, what is interesting is that there is the blood by it. What happened and what is the significance of the flowers? Because the person reaching for them does so very softly like they don’t want to ruin them.
- We also get a glimpse of some runes on the screen, but we don’t know what they mean. They were also in the Ciri teaser. They will for sure play an important significance, but we will have to wait and see.
- What sounds like Jaskier possibly singing towards the end???
We have two out of the four major characters done in regards to season 2 teasers. With my lovely manifestation powers, I call upon the next teaser to be about my beloved Yennefer. I love all the characters in The Witcher, but she shines above all. But they could give us Jaskier and save her for last because she is the best. I’m not biased at all. It’s just a fact.
What did you make of this Geralt teaser? Did you find other easter eggs or have other ideas as to what some of them could be? Share with us in the comments!