Chicago P.D is coming back next week! It feels like it was forty-seven years ago that we watched the season eight finale, and at the same time, it feels like it was yesterday. The show ended with a couple of cliffhangers – one emotional, one physical, as Hailey and Jay were left in the middle of a very important conversation, and Kim was left with serious injuries and her life in serious danger.
NBC had previously released pictures and a synopsis for the first episode of season 9, and those predictably gave us very little clue as to what was coming. I can’t spoil the episode for you either – and you wouldn’t want me to – but I can at least tell you what I thought of it, what I felt, and tease a bit of what you can expect as One Chicago gets underway.
So, without further ado, here are some teases for Chicago P.D 9×01 “Closure”:
- You want resolution, this episode is going to provide that. Doesn’t mean it’ll be exactly what everyone wants, but answers are coming.
- Every character is going through some issues this episode, but despite that, when one character is faced with being emotional in a destructive way, and being mature and grown-up, they choose the second of those. I felt more than a little proud.
- This isn’t an episode for ship crumbs. This is an episode to deal with relationship issues full on. Prepare accordingly.
- “What are you doing?” one character asks another at one point in the episode, and we promise, you’ll be asking the same thing. Even if you already know the answer.
- Sometimes characters surprise you. And sometimes they really, really don’t.
- We get some rarely seen interactions in “Closure” that made my heart soar. As a setup for the season, it bodes really, really well.
- Can you be really, really happy about something that also makes you worry a lot? Yes, you can. I am. You will be too.
- One particular line in this episode confirms a widespread fandom headcanon.
- What’s your favorite color of nail polish? It’s an important question.
- You know what they say about the best laid plan of men and mice …
- The last scene in this episode had me screaming at the TV.
- Not hyperbole, I screamed.
Are you excited for Chicago P.D 9×01 “Closure”? Share with us in the comments below!
Chicago P.D premieres September 22nd on NBC.