New Amsterdam returns for season 4 with an episode that’s truly predictable in some ways – good and bad – and utterly impossible to predict at others. There are a lot of emotions in this hour, and it’s hard to reconcile expectation with reality, but New Amsterdam 4×01 “More Joy” does that about as well as it’s possible to, considering how many diametrically opposite emotions it attempts to cram into forty plus minutes.
Here are some teases for New Amsterdam 4×01 “More Joy”:
- Sharpwin fans, you want to see the after? You get to see the after.
- You already knew the chemistry between Ryan and Freema was 🔥🔥🔥🔥, but I’m not sure you KNEW what kind of 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥.
- We can never go an episode without Max making us go both awwww and whyyyyy.
- Except in this one, I’m leaning way more towards the awwwwww.
- I’m happy to report I still enjoyed Iggy, hallelujah!
- Some episodes I really enjoy Lauren. This is one of those episodes.
- Me at Floyd: Yes, yes, no, wait, how can you, no, no, yes, okay maybe, no, wait, what? Then lather, rinse, repeat.
- Helen Sharpe deserves the literal world. And Freema Agyeman too.
- Like, I wax poetic about her every time I get to write about New Amsterdam, but Freema embodies Helen with everything women are, everything female characters are sometimes not allowed to be. It isn’t just strength, though there’s a lot of that, because people aren’t always strong. Sometimes they’re tender, sometimes they’re sad, sometimes they’re determined, sometimes they’re happy. It’s all and it’s more and it’s so great to see.
- New Amsterdam has a way of making you feel bad for the strangest people. This is the sign of good storytelling.
- Did I mention my Sharpwin heart grew three sizes while watching this episode? I mean, the promos had already killed me, but the episode …yeah, done for. Completely.
- I have so many questions about the final scene, and particularly the final words uttered in this episode, but my main one is probably: how?
Are you excited for New Amsterdam 4×01 “More Joy”? Share with us in the comments below!
New Amsterdam returns to NBC September 21st.