Outlander 6×06 “The World Turned Upside Down” is almost two episodes in one. There’s a part where everything goes the way we want it to, and another part where nothing goes the way we want it to. The two parts together make up an interesting, well paced, if sometimes frustrating episode. But for once, it’s mostly frustation at the plot we book readers already knew was coming, not at the show.
There are some really great quiet moments in the midst of this hour that make it eminently watchable, despite the parts that make you want to throw something at the TV. The characters and relationships that have shined this season continue to, Jamie and Claire first and foremost. And though the end of the episode is, predictably, the kind of cliffhanger that we knew was coming considering we’re getting a break next week, there’s still a fair bit to enjoy about the episode.
Here are some teases for Outlander 6×06 “The World Turned Upside Down”:
- My only real question about Roger in Season 6 remains: Why did we have to wait so long to get the kind of characterization Roger always deserved? It feels so good to genuinly root for him, to know that he’s going to be the voice of reason in every conversation, to trust the words that are coming out of his mouth even before they come.
- Even in Season 6 this show keeps finding ways to break our hearts.
- The family moments are on point this episode, and I don’t just mean Claire and Brianna, but Roger and Claire, Jamie and Roger too.
- Never mess with a woman’s hair.
- Sign me up for an entire episodes of soft moments between Jamie and Claire.
- The way I rolled my eyes at Malva this episode.
- Sometimes (most times), Claire needs to stop and thinking of herself before she thinks of others.
- Claire and Jamie’s foundation is entirely too strong for anything to truly shake. They’ve survived way too much together already.
- Brianna gets a moment to examine a past trauma I almost thought the show had forgotten about, and no, not that one.
- Well, of course it was going to end like THAT considering there’s no episode next week.
Are you excited for Outlander 6×06 “The World Turned Upside Down”? Share with us in the comments below!