Outlander 6×08 “I Am Not Alone” is the kind of season finale that doesn’t really feel like a season finale. Perhaps it’s because this is a shorter season than usual, maybe it’s because so much has been building up it would have been impossible to neatly resolve it in just one hour. Or maybe, it’s by design.
It comes and goes, with finales. Some seasons you get to into hiatus in piece. Others, not so much. Outlander hasn’t been as bad to us in that regard in the past, and there’s a lot to be said about this ending. It could be worse, is the first time. It could be better, is the second one. But then again, that’s life.
Here are some teases for Outlander 6×08 “I Am Not Alone”:
- The first few minutes of this hour had me alternatively cheering for Jamie and Claire, and I mean truly cheering.
- Save your hate for Tom Christie, someone else deserves it much more.
- I will say, at first, I didn’t understand where the Bree and Roger part of this episode was going. And then, I when I did, well …I really did.
- Love is the quiet moments — in quiet times, and in dangerous times too.
- The cinematography in this episode is A+.
- Some scenes feel so intimate that it’s almost like we shouldn’t be watching them.
- This episode reconceptualizes some ideas about what the show wants to be going forward — and how they’ll deviate from the books — and it does so pretty effectively.
- Just thinking about something that happened this episode and what it’ll mean for next season makes me excited.
- There’s a moment when a lose thread kind of …clicks. Don’t you just love those moments?
- Happy about the ending? 50/50. I appreciate some things I have some concerns.
Are you excited for Outlander 6×08 “I Am Not Alone”? Share with us in the comments below!
Outlander airs Sundays at 9/8c on Starz and is available to stream on Starz on Sundays.