When you think of Young Adult authors, Marie Lu should be a name that comes to mind. The talented author has a new book out this week, REBEL.
REBEL is part of the Legends series.
If we’re being honest, CHAMPION ended on such an amazing note, we’re excited and nervous as to what happens next.
Here’s what we know about REBEL –
Respect the Legend. Idolize the Prodigy. Celebrate the Champion. But never underestimate the Rebel.
With unmatched suspense and her signature cinematic storytelling, #1 New York Times–bestselling author Marie Lu plunges readers back into the unforgettable world of Legend for a truly grand finale.
Eden Wing has been living in his brother’s shadow for years. Even though he’s a top student at his academy in Ross City, Antarctica, and a brilliant inventor, most people know him only as Daniel Wing’s little brother.
A decade ago, Daniel was known as Day, the boy from the streets who led a revolution that saved the Republic of America. But Day is no longer the same young man who was once a national hero. These days he’d rather hide out from the world and leave his past behind. All that matters to him now is keeping Eden safe―even if that also means giving up June, the great love of Daniel’s life.
As the two brothers struggle to accept who they’ve each become since their time in the Republic, a new danger creeps into the distance that’s grown between them. Eden soon finds himself drawn so far into Ross City’s dark side, even his legendary brother can’t save him. At least not on his own . . .
In celebration of REBEL, Marie has answered questions on several sites, and here’s ours –
Q: What was the easiest and hardest thing about coming back to these characters?
A: The easiest was to access their voices again. It was like catching up with old friends; I knew immediately what Day and June would sound like, even as their older selves. The most challenging part was exploring Eden’s point of view. He had been so young in the original trilogy! Understanding how Eden had grown and changed was a challenge, but a welcome one.
Are you excited for CHAMPION? Pick up your copy now!
Looking for more book content –
- Summer of Sarah MacLean: A Rogue by Any Other Name
- Guest Post: Laura Hankin, author of ‘HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT’
- Turning The Pages: ‘UNPregnant’ by Jenni Hendricks
- Excerpts From ‘When The World Doesn’t End’ by Caroline Kaufman
- Marie Lu Answers Our Question About Returning To The ‘LEGENDS’ Series
- EXCLUSIVE: Sara Faring Talks ‘The Tenth Girl’ & We Review
- Book Signings: The Pros and Cons
- Turning the Pages: What Came Before ‘TATBILB’
- Turning the Pages: ‘Save The Date’ By Morgan Matson
- Guest Post: Adrienne Kisner Talks About The Writing Process
- ‘How I Resist: Activism and Hope for a New Generation’ Book Review
- Exclusive Interview: Author Sophie Cameron
- ‘This Heart of Mine’ is All About Heart & Moving On Together
- ‘Ink, Iron, and Glass’ is the Representation Steampunk Needs
- Turning The Pages: ‘By The Book’ by Julia Sonneborn
- Turning The Pages: ‘She Regrets Nothing’ by Andrea Dunlop
- Turning the Pages: ‘This Is Not A Love Letter’
- Exclusive Interview: ‘London Belongs to Me’ Author Jackie Middleton
- “The Lost Season of Love and Snow” by Jennifer Laam Review
- Turning the Pages: ‘The Dirty Book Club’ by Lisi Harrison
- Turning the Pages: ‘A Dangerous Year’ by Kes Trester
- Turning the Pages: ‘Dare to Fall’ by Estelle Maskame Made Us Fall Hard
- Turning the Pages: ‘All or Nothing At All’ by Jennifer Probst
- Turning the Pages: K.A. Tucker’s ‘Until It Fades’
- Turning the Pages: ‘Second Chance Summer’ by Liora Blake
- Turning the Pages Review: ‘Borrowed Souls: A Soul Charmer Novel’
- Turning the Pages: You Won’t Want to Miss ‘Public Relations’
- Exclusive Interview With Perfect Author – Cecelia Ahern
- We Spoke With Author Jennifer Smith To Celebrate Windfall
- Turning The Pages: A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- Turning the Pages: Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts
- Turning the Pages: 10 Things I Can See From Here
- Turning the Pages: Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
- Turning the Pages: Empress of a Thousand Skies Review
- Turning the Pages Review: Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame
- Kami Garcia and Jonathan Maberry Discuss Their Favorite X-Files Episodes
- Turning the Pages: The Lovely Reckless By Kami Garcia
- Three Dark Crowns Just Didn’t Hit Home For Me
- It Ends With Us Is The Best Book We Heave Read So Far This Year…
- We Talk With Author Ilana Manaster About ‘Doreen’
- Author Catherine Egan Interview: We’re Talking ‘Julia Vanishes’
- We Talk With ‘Breaker’ Author, Kat Ellis