There is lots to unpack in ‘Big Sky’ “I Fall To Pieces” so, let’s get right to it.
Yay… Legarski’s awake, and he seems to have forgotten what he’s done. The first thing he asks his wife Merilee is “who shot me?” and he appeared to be somewhat lucid when he said it, but then it changed. As Merilee recounts his crimes, he doesn’t believe it at all and continues to say “I’m a Montana State Trooper.” Either he has actually lost his memory or he’s pulling a fast one to get out of going to jail, all we know is we don’t trust him right now.
In ‘Big Sky’ “The Wolves Are Always Out For Blood,” Ronald made some alterations to his truck and now it appears he has decided to go a step further by changing his outward appearance. He now has dark hair which we’re not sure will work considering the town is pretty small but, it’s worth a shot right? We’re not sure what his endgame is now that he’s done this but it’s going to be interesting.
We have many favorite ladies in ‘Big Sky‘ but we have a special place that’s reserved for Grace. Since ‘Big Sky’ “The Big Rick,” Grace has exuded massive strength and that strength continued as she helped Cassie, Jenny, and the Montana police locate the body of the fisherman Legarski killed. Next, she’s tasked with having to go to the hospital to identify Legarski as the one who killed the fisherman. She’s working through the trauma of all that she went through but she is determined to help because she doesn’t want anyone to go through what she, Danielle, and Jerrie did. We admire her tremendously.
Well, alrighty, are we even surprised that Ronald killed his mom? If you are then you haven’t been paying attention. Since the ‘Big Sky’ “Pilot,” Ronald and his mother have had a very volatile relationship mostly on his side. We should have known when he spoke with her earlier in the episode about having to kill someone that it would end up being her. She knew he was involved in what happened to the three girls and once she realized the situation was getting even more dire, she made the mistake of telling him she was going to turn him in. Bad move mom, very bad move.
Ronald has made his way into Merrilee’s home under the guise of being “Mitchell” and is now on the hunt to find Legarskis hiding spot with the evidence that could implicate him in the kidnapping of Grace, Danielle, and Jerrie. Cassie and Jenny show up to Merrilee’s with a sketch of Ronald to see if she can identify him as an accomplice working with her husband.
A stunned Merrilee informs them that he’s currently upstairs, the episode ends with Cassie and Jenny drawing their guns to make their way inside the house. We know things like this are far too easy so he probably heard Merrilee talking and snuck out of a window or something. We can’t wait to find out next week.
- Legarski can’t remember what he did but he can sure remember to be a misogynistic ass to women.
- Ronald really has a thing about being interrupted while he eats his cereal.
- Grace, we love you. That is all.
- Hearing Commander Sosa say the story of two young white girls going missing and being found, will ultimately help them locate the indigenous girls who have gone missing before them, was really sad and highlighted a major problem that is very real.
- Grace and Cassie’s heart to heart moment had us in our feels.
- Jerrie’s new living situation sucks. She’s staying with friends and one of them is a trigger happy guy who can’t wait to shoot someone. YUCK.
- So… is Ronald gonna go all Norman Bates with his mom now that she’s dead? he left her sitting in a chair with the TV on…