While things are getting better, we do have a long way to go with the pandemic. Movie theaters are open, and more things are opening day-by-day, but I am going to admit I that I am hesitant to go out into the world.
Paramount has delayed the release dates for several major films, including Top Gun: Maverick, as well as movies like Mission: Impossible 7 and Dungeons & Dragons. 10 movies on the slate had their release dates shuffled.
According to Variety, “Top Gun: Maverick is flying to November 19, 2021, from its previous date of July 2, 2021. Mission: Impossible 7, is getting pushed to next year, from November 19, 2021, to May 27, 2022. Its sequel Mission: Impossible 8, originally dated for November 4, 2022, is moving to July 7, 2023.”
Snake Eyes, which stars Henry Golding and is spin-off of the G.I. Joe franchise is the only movie on the slate to jump up. It will release three months earlier on July 23, 2021, instead of October 22, 2021.
See the full list of changes below –
- SNAKE EYES, previously scheduled for October 22, 2021, is now set to open July 23, 2021 (wide).
- JACKASS, previously scheduled for September 3, 2021, is now set to open October 22, 2021 (wide).
- TOP GUN MAVERICK, previously scheduled for July 2, 2021, is now set to open November 19, 2021 (wide).
- MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7, previously scheduled for November 19, 2021, is now set to open May 27, 2022 (wide).
- UNTITLED BEE GEES is announced for November 4, 2022 (wide).
- DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, previously scheduled for May 27, 2022, is now set to open March 3, 2023 (wide).
- UNTITLED STAR TREK is announced for June 9, 2023 (wide).
- MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 8, previously scheduled for November 4, 2022, is now set to open July 7, 2023 (wide).
- THE SHRINKING OF TREEHORN is announced for November 10, 2023 (wide).
- UNTITLED RYAN REYNOLDS/JOHN KRASINSKI FILM is announced for November 17, 2023 (wide).
Which movie are you looking forward to seeing?