Chicago Fire returns with 10×01 “Mayday,” and it feels like this is the best version of the show. Those are big words for a series entering its tenth season, but there’s something utterly comforting about seeing these people back. Wait, did I say comforting? I mean heart wrenching and intense and even excruciating at times, but then again, isn’t that the Chicago Fire way? You’re gonna feel everything,
The pictures NBC released for Chicago Fire 10×01 “Mayday” give us very little about the episode, as is the way, and I don’t truly want to spoil it for you either. But I can give you some hints about what’s coming, based on my own reaction to the episode.
So, without further ado, here are some teases about Chicago Fire 10×01 “Mayday”:
- Have I said before Stella Kidd is my favorite character in this show? Because if I haven’t, it needs to be said.
- But I might call them all my comfort group of people, though. Seeing them again was the equivalent of a fictional hug.
- Yeah, the first few minutes are the definition of intense. I screamed at the TV more than once. It was almost like watching some sort of sporting event, I was trying to dictate the action. It worked about as well as it does when I do it during sports.
- Whoever you’re worried about, once the episode starts, you’ll get your answer about their fate.
- I wanted to hug Ritter at one point. I feel you, dude. I really do.
- Herrmann, you beautiful man.
- Molly’s gets some action this episode – and one of the funniest scenes. Also, one of the most emotional. That’s what this show does.
- Brettsey fans, life looks very different as an established couple. I have a feeling you’re gonna like it.
- The overarching message of this hour is not about one individual or one couple, but about the family this group has created. Which, fair warning, is probably going to make you very, VERY emotional.
- At least one character is going to make you suffer for the entirety of the hour, and likely going into the season. Yay setup? 😟
- Casey’s reaction to one particular jokey comment might have some fans cheering.
- Though at some point in the episode you might also be screaming at Casey. Man contains multitudes, what can I say?
Are you excited for Chicago Fire 10×01 “Mayday”? Share with us in the comments below.