New Amsterdam 4×10 “Death is the Rule. Life is the Exception” is a perfect mid-season finale. It never ever lets up, it’s got some twists, it hits you from all sides, and it leaves you desperate for more. You want an effective episode of television? This is it. But as is the way of New Amsterdam, this episode is much more than just a good-on-paper hour. No, this is an emotional onslaught, and we wish we could tell you to prepare your emotions, but we’re not sure there’s any way to be prepared.
But hey, at least you know that now, if that helps?
Even though we can’t prepare you, we can give you something to mull over while the episode gets here. So here are some teases for New Amsterdam 4×10 “Death is the Rule. Life is the Exception”:
- Max’s heart is always in the right place, let’s start there. That doesn’t mean he always knows how to match intention to action.
- There are at least a couple of scenes that will get a lot of replays during the hiatus.
- Parts of this episode made me mad at a lot of people. And things. Except Helen. We always love Helen.
- Someone you don’t expect utters a pretty romantic line so convincingly this episode, that it’s almost a little off-putting. It’s like everyone has game!
- For a show that “isn’t that kind of show,” there’s a lot of that “kind of show” in this episode of the show.
- I just want to like that character again. Can we make that happen, show?
- You know when you’re watching a situation and you’re like “shut up, shut up, shut up, you’re just gonna make it worse”? That multiplied by 100.
- I might love Helen Sharpe more than Max Goodwin does. I know he’d fight me on this, but I’ll take him on.
- Also, she can run my life. And literally everything else, probably.
- There was a moment in this episode that was just profound satisfaction, to a degree I cannot even explain, and it has absolutely nothing to do with romance.
- Someone brings up time machines in this episode, just so you get an idea of how little you know about what’s coming.
- The way this episode will make you like someone you’ve probably never truly liked.
- Max the entire episode: 🥺🥺🥺
- I don’t have to tell you this hour is an absolute game-changer, for better or worse.
- This is TV, so someone’s gotta be really, really wrong occasionally. This episode it’s Floyd’s turn.
- Me at one particular character near the end of this episode: WHY ARE YOU BEING SO DUMB? WHYYYYYY?
- Just saying, the last five minutes or so are one hit after the other.
- And some VERY good points are made.
- Plus, some …ahem, decisions.
- Two words at the right moment might just break a fandom.
Are you excited for New Amsterdam 4×10 “Death is the Rule. Life is the Exception”? Share with us in the comments below
New Amsterdam airs Tuesdays on NBC.