Outlander 6×04 “Hour of the Wolf” focuses on Ian, and the story we were never told about his time away — and the reasons why he returned. It’s an emotional hour, once again, because this show is always at its best when it gives the characters and the relationships it has invested most time in, room to breathe. It’s also a great showcase for John Bell, of course, and for Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser, though not in the same way he always gets to.
There is that too, of course, because Outlander Season 6 seems to be clear about why we’re watching, even if it takes some beats to flesh out other storylines. And, as war draws near and some hard storylines head our way, it’s very, very good to see the show focusing on that.
Here are some teases for Outlander 6×04 “Hour of the Wolf”:
- Ian has been a character we’ve loved and lost and never, particularly, in the last few years, knew enough about. That changes this hour.
- There’s a lot of the things people love about Jamie and Claire in this episode, but perhaps the best part is the comfort of being able to share some jokes.
- And, some explanations.
- Will I ever stop being emotional about Fergus and Jamie? I think the answer is probably no.
- This episode also gives us a chance to be emotional about Jamie and Brianna, so there’s that.
- Roger doesn’t get as much to do this hour, and I will be honest — I missed him.
- Sometimes you can see the writing on the wall so clearly it’s hard not to shake the characters so they notice too. And no, I’m not talking about the guns or Jamie’s job as an Indian Agent.
- Respect is telling it to someone like it is, even if it might not help matters short term.
- A reminder of what Jamie truly thinks about Claire never goes amiss, especially the way it’s uttered in this episode.
- The last scene looks like it’s going to end on a good note, and instead ends on a grimace.
Are you looking forward to Outlander 6×04 “Hour of the Wolf”? Share with us in the comments below!