Chicago P.D. 9×17 “Adrift” is the kind of episode that makes you question every choice you’ve made before it. That’s one of the things about TV, that when it works, you see yourself in the characters and in their reactions to certain events, and it’s easy to take what you’re seeing on screen and apply it to your own life.
The episode is also a really good exploration of who Adam Ruzek is, and what his priorities are in life. At times in the past it has felt like Adam hasn’t been where we — or Kim — want him to be, but this season has given us a new, and better side of Adam, and that shines through in this episode. Being a fan of Patrick Flueger has always been easy, being a fan of Adam Ruzek might be just as simple after this hour.
Here are some teases for Chicago P.D. 9×17 “Adrift”:
- Typically I come down on Kim’s side of whatever conversation she’s having with Adam, but this episode put me firmly on Adam’s corner and I must say, it’s nice in here.
- Of course, some things are not black and white. The show does a good job of showing that. But that doesn’t mean this Adam-focused-episode doesn’t succeed at the one thing it had to, which is making us relate to Adam.
- Hailey Upton should wear red more often, just saying.
- Sometimes the easiest way to prevent disappointment is to make sure you disappoint others before they can do it to you.
- Trudy Platt being about 5 steps ahead is just Trudy Platt, and the show should absolutely give her more chances to show that she knows more than most people.
- Jesse Lee Soffer and Tracy Spiridakos truly nail the little “married couple” interactions between Jay and Hailey.
- Knowing there’s a problem doesn’t always mean you know how to fix it.
- Look, Adam made me tear up this episode. So did Kim, if I’m being honest, but Adam, man …Adam.
- There was at least one particular moment, if not two, where I would have gladly reached through the screen and hugged him.
- I live for the little moments between Kim and Kevin.
- A single scene will make you cycle between worried-happy-ecstatic-heartbroken.
- I stared at the screen a good five seconds after the episode ended, just trying to process my feelings.
Are you excited for Chicago P.D. 9×17 “Adrift”? Share with us in the comments below!
Chicago P.D. airs Wednesdays at 10/9c on NBC.