The Endgame is back after a short break and the show wasted no time pulling us right back into all the drama. Episode 1×07 “The Sleepover” kept us guessing but also left us with a few questions. Let’s unpack all the drama.
The Endgame episode 1×06 “Judge, Jury, and Executioner” ended with Val confronting Elena after she arranged for Isaac Bigby the man who killed her mother to be poisoned to death. Just as all that was taking place, Fort Totten’s power went out catching both women totally off guard. In episode 1×07 “The Sleepover” Val is so sure that Elena is behind the power failure at Fort Totten but she is adamant that it isn’t her or Snow White. As Val and Elena attempt to figure out what’s going on, she thinks back to the infamous photo with all the people Elena has targeted so far.
It appears that everyone in the photo’s secrets have been exposed and they’ve been brought to justice but then Val remembers there is still one more person. The person who has yet to be taken down is a blurry shape standing behind Judge Walsh. Elena of course knows who the blurry figure is and informs Val he’s a man who has only been known as “The Ghost.” Turns out “The Ghost” is Lucas Crowe a former CIA Operative who went Rogue. He is also the man responsible for orchestrating the bomb attack on Elena’s wedding day.
Apparently, Elena had him next on her list, but it just so happened he was quick to her plan and decided to turn the tables by taking her out before she could get to him. We must say that is pretty impressive because since this show has begun nobody, but Val has been even the slightest bit ahead of Elena in her plans. Fort Totten is supposed to be some sort of fortress that is impenetrable but “The Ghost” has proved that it isn’t. With all of the power down, Val and Director Real can’t even get to their weapons. Not only that, but security is also down which made it easy for the two Snow White operatives Louie and Rona to bust out of their cells. Probably wasn’t a good idea though.
When Louie gets out of his cell he runs into “The Ghost” who stabs him in the abdomen. Louie ends up at deaths door until Director Real comes through with that Marine Corps training and saves his life. Mind you, as all of this craziness is unfolding, “The Ghost” is making his way deeper inside of Fort Totten to get into the Assembly room where Elena and Val are. The ladies realizing they’ve run out of time plant a landmine for “The Ghost” to land on in order to take him out. Unfortunately for them, Anthony who hasn’t heard from Val for hours shows up at Fort Totten and literally drops in on the spot where she and Elena have set up their booby trap.
We love Anthony and think it is beyond amazing he knew Val well enough to know she’d never be unreachable but, his timing was awful. Val, Elena, and surprisingly Rona work to delay the detonation of the landmine to give them time to get Anthony off of it. They manage to get him off in time and “The Ghost” finally drops in. When “The Ghost” is confronted by Val he’s surprised but he definitely makes it clear he does not give a shit about her being there and he will kill her. He can’t really understand why Val would try to protect Elena from him and he makes a few very cryptic statements. One being that he’s there because he has the “highest possible authority” and then he said “you have no idea what she’s still planning. If you knew- “he doesn’t even get to finish the sentence because Elena yells “now!” and steps off the booby trap to detonate.
We gotta take a minute and re-process that because WTH? Obviously “The Ghost” was talking about Elena because that look on her face was a dead giveaway. Also, why would she be in such a hurry to blow him up? Based on what he said, Elena is up to something bigger than what she’s been doing.
Trust No Bitch
Elena is looking for connection whether she wants to admit it or not and we see that as she tries to befriend Val. Val is still having none of it and wonders if Elena has ever had any true friends in her life. The Endgame 1×07 “The Sleepover” took us back to 2018 with Elena struggling to take care of her and Sergey’s baby Sofiya. It’s a flashback that actually humanizes Elena in a real way and we got to see her more vulnerable than we have. Being a new mom is not an easy thing and it tests you in many ways. Elena is strong but this is the thing that has broken her a bit.
Elena wants to be a good mother but she’s feeling like a failure until she meets Natalia. Natalia is also a mother, and they share a bond as she teaches her how to care for her daughter. Natalia helps tremendously and makes Elena feel less alone. She hasn’t really had any girlfriends, so it was nice to see her bond with someone other than her hubby Sergey. As they often say though, if something is too good to be true, it usually is. We know Sergey and Elena haven’t done the best things, but we love that they have each other’s backs. Sergey makes it a point to research anyone who comes around his family and that includes Natalia. Having warned Elena that something doesn’t check out with her, he secretly heads home.
When Sergey arrives home, Natalia is there. We don’t find out in that moment who she is but what we learn is that she is someone big because she’s got people working for her who are willing to kill for her. Her plan was to take out Elena, Sergey, and I guess even Sofiya but Sergey showing up threw her plans off. After a standoff between her, Sergey, and Elena, she leaves and the two of them realize it’s time to get the hell out of dodge. Elena doesn’t feel good after that moment because she let her guard down and truly did believe she had made a friend. “Natalia” was so important to Elena that she even gave her a special ring that belonged to her mother. While we felt bad for Elena watching that betrayal, we couldn’t help but think she’s essentially playing Val in the same manner by attempting to buddy up to her, so she lets her guard down. We have a feeling when Val does let her guard down, things are going to get bad.
- So, Natalia is Lady Belok huh? Didn’t see that coming at all. Also, what is her beef with Elena and Sergey? Hope we finally find out soon.
- While all the shit was hitting the fan at Fort Totten, it was also hitting at the prison. Horek got in with an arsonist who caused the prison to erupt into a huge riot. Horek tried to kill Sergey, but Owen came to the rescue. It backfired though because Horek ended up dead after hitting hi head on a table. Now Owen is heading off to solitary which is going to really put a wrench into his and Sergey’s plans.
- Still waiting to find out what Sergey and Owens plan was. And what is this “this is going down in three days” business? WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THREE DAYS?
- What Warden do you know at a prison is going to take a phone call in a public space like a prison cafeteria and not their office? Especially when said person happens to be Lady Belok?
- Random thought but we noticed Elena didn’t wear any blue in this episode. It was all spy black.
- “The Little potato covers ground on every part” of course Val would be able to figure out the translation.
- Elena’s daughter is on a farm in upstate New York. We wonder if Val is going to use this information as leverage against Elena if she tries to play her.
- Doak was canoodling with the White House Chief of Staff while everyone was busting their asses back at Fort Totten. Now he’s feeling all full of himself again after she told him they want him to be the point person for all the operations and not Director Real. Yup, Doak is back on our shit list again.
- Elena telling “Natalia” and Sergey there would be no shooting because Sofiya was asleep and she wouldn’t have her woken, that’s some real mom shit. Do you know how hard it is to put a baby to sleep and get them to STAY asleep?
- That double team fight with Elena and Val working to take “The Ghost” down was pretty badass.
- We can’t blame Director Real for demanding Doak give him a full account of his night. We don’t trust his ass either.
- “Natalia” AKA Lady Belok. We can’t believe that bitch has the nerve to still be wearing Elena’s mom’s ring.
- Also, just who is Lady Belok to Elena? We feel like there is a deeper tie between the two.