“Know Your Onions” continues the journey of saving the past for our merry band of agents. However, some new and old wrinkles throw many things out of wack for the team.
So let’s dig into highlighting what we love and didn’t love about the latest episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D “Know Your Onions.”
- May returns. After her near-death experience, May is back a little different now. More colder than she has been in previous seasons, she takes the new LMD Coulson with little more than a glance.
- May and Enoch – From their little back and forths to the fight they have on the Zephyr, this pairing was a ton of fun in “Know Your Onions”
- Koenig thinking the team is from Canada because of all the technology is hilarious.
- Simmons and Yo-Yo in 1930’s attire – The ladies were looking damn good.
- The scene with the team hiding behind the wall in the speak-easy as the police Chronicoms look for them was amazing. Perfect mix of intensity and scary.
- Deke’s dilemma about shooting Freddie Malick . Now I won’t go into whether he should have or not but loved how much Deke was fighting with the decision. In his heart, Deke’s a good person. A bit narcissistic and cocky but a person you trust. Luckily Mack was there to order him down.
- The serum Freddie has was the beginnings of the Super Soldier Serum which leads to Captain America. Enjoying that for its last season , Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is leaning back to the old MCU a little more.
- Enoch and Koenig joining together to start the seed that S.H.I.E.L.D springs from.
- NO FITZ AGAIN. I’m going to bang this drum until we see Leopold Fitz once more.
- Daisy telling Deke to kill Freddie. Not a fan of this one bit. Unless this is highlighting how much everything over time has changed Daisy from who she was in the beginning of the show till now.
- Koenig’s constant quips. Yeah , we get it. It’s the 1930’s. Not every lady has to be called a dame.
- Yo-Yo’s condition. It seems that the Shrike has left more wounds on Yo-Yo but these might be more mental scars now. Fearful of using her powers is what it feels like. It’s going to be painful and nerve-wracking to see how or if Yo-Yo can ever feel back to what she once was.
- Enoch is left behind. Due to the Chronicoms and the constant time jumps, the team has to leave Enoch in the past to stay ahead of the Chronicoms. Hoping beyond hope that this isn’t the last time we see Enoch again on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Next week’s episode looks pretty fun — Area 51 — and the return of an old fan-favorite character from the Agent Carter series!
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on ABC.