The most anticipated casting news of the past few months is finally out …and yes, that means Bridgerton has indeed found its Kate Sheffield. And …she’s stunning. She’s also …not named Kate Sheffield in the adaptation, but we can forgive them for that, can’t we?
Fans of Sex Education, like me, will recognize her, as Simone Ashley, was previously seen in that show in one of those complicated roles that has you going from love to hate. But, there’s no hate when it comes to Kate Sheffield, oh no. This fandom absolutely loves the character, and I, personally, cannot wait to see what Simone brings to the role.
Season 2 of Bridgerton will, of course, be based in book two of Julia Quinn’s Bridgerton series, The Viscount Who Loved Me.
We’ve already discussed what we want from season 2 of the show in multiple occasions, but let me just take this moment, once again, to lay out the rules:
- We need the Pall Mall game, okay? It’s a must.
- We need Kate and Edwina’s sisterhood to be given as much importance as the dynamics between the Bridgerton siblings. Same goes for her relationship with Mary.
- We need the season to not be afraid to focus on Anthony’s grief, and Kate’s as well. In so many ways, the fact that they understand each other in this regard, contributes to them coming together.
- We need Kate to the person who understands Anthony, above all, but most importantly, to be the person who calls him out when he’s wrong, when he’s being an ass, and when he’s not thinking. We need her to be the woman who stands her ground and never gives an inch.
- But we also need her to be the woman who loves, fully, completely, even when giving in to love is scary. We need her to be the one to show Anthony the way when he finds it hard.
- So, basically, we need to see these two falling in love, yes, but we need to see them becoming friends first, partners in crime, and then …the beautiful, groundbreaking couple they can be.
- Also, as purely a cherry on top of the sundae thing, can we get Simon and Daphne being smug as they see Anthony falling for Kate? And the rest of the siblings being super super amused by the turn of events? Please, and thank you.
What? We’re not asking for that much, are we? *winks*
Bridgerton season 1 is available to stream on Netflix.
So excited for this!!