‘Big Sky’ episode 1×12 ‘No Better Than Dogs’ left us with some pretty shocking moments.
Here’s a recap:
- Cassie was saved from a kidnapping
- We found out that both John Wayne and Rand were at the caretakers house the night Blake supposedly attacked Rosie.
- Cassie and Jenny found Rosie.
- Rosie is starting to remember who was involved in her attack and she’s sure it wasn’t Blake.
- There’s a body buried on the Kleinsasser property.
- John Wayne knocked Blake out with a shovel.
Now that we’ve done that, let’s get into ‘Big Sky‘ episode 1X13: “White Lion.”
Blake is dead
So…. Blake is dead and John Wayne killed him. Yup, his own brother murdered him. Now look, I know it was naïve of me to think that by some off chance Blake may have survived getting hit with a shovel but, I couldn’t help myself. Boy, was I disappointed. Here we are trying to root for Blake to get his name cleared, but now he’s dead so he can’t even see it for himself. Big Sky does not give a shit who gets killed off. It’s clearly expect the unexpected with this show.
With Blake’s death, the Kleinsasser family is unraveling even more. John Wayne, who we thought was somewhat in control, actually isn’t. Cheyenne on the other hand, is doing just fine because she’s got a secret too. The night John Wayne killed Blake, Cheyenne was hiding and saw it happen. She watched John take off in a panic. She sees Blake’s dead body and before pulling him out of the hole he fell into, she sees Cole Danvers belt buckle.
Cheyenne drags Blakes body out of the hole and stages him on the side of a cliff where her brothers and father find him the next morning. John Wayne, who had returned to the site where he killed Blake, was shocked to find his body gone but he was even more stunned when Cheyenne revealed to him that she knows what he did. Right now everyone, is saying Blake killed himself, but they know better. Nobody but Cheyenne knows that John Wayne killed him so now she’s got the power.
Cheyenne asserts her dominance by letting John Wayne know things are going to be different and he’s going to start treating her better than he has especially when it comes to the farm. John Wayne knows he is now in a shitstorm of epic proportions.
Pop goes the weasel
We knew it was only a matter of time before Ronald cracked. And boy, does he. Mary, the sister of Ronald’s girlfriend has known something was off about him from the moment she met him. She’s been telling Mary that she knows him from somewhere but she can’t figure out where. When she pops in for a visit, Ronald overhears her conversation with Scarlet. Scarlet assumes that Mary is just saying things about Ronald because she’s jealous. Mary assures her she’s just worried about her and doesn’t want what happened with her last boyfriend Steve, to happen again. Scarlet lets her know that he’s is nothing like Steve and he’s long gone.
Mary won’t let up and before going home, she tries to get Ronald and Scarlet to take a picture together. Ronald refuses but Mary is persistent. He gives in and tells her to join them in the photo. As he prepares to take the shot, he says “When three people are photographed together, it’s the one in the middle who will die first.” How creepy is that, and super obvious.
Later, after Ronald who has stolen Scarlets phone, sees a text from Mary that there is something up about Ronald and she needs her right away, he pays her a visit. He uses his famous stun gun and makes his way inside her home where he wraps her up in a blanket and questions her. Mary is terrified and rightfully so. Ronald finds out that she has reached out to Dewell and Hoyt to give them a tip on his whereabouts. As we all knew, based on the foreshadowing earlier in the episode, Ronald kills Mary.
The Kleinsasser family is just full of secrets and each one is worse than the last. John Wayne and Blake have always worked to protect Rand and now John Wayne needs protecting. As John Wayne and Rand are dumping Cole Danvers bones in a tub of acid, he tells Rand that he needs him to watch Cheyenne because she talks too much. He doesn’t go into any more detail and Rand doesn’t need him to. John Wayne is his big brother and he would do anything for him, no questions asked.
Cassie and Lindor have gotten the tip from Mary that she knows where Ronald is. They head out to her home, but when they get there nobody answers. Ronald is still inside the house and has just finished cleaning up the evidence. Cassie and Lindor have a bad feeling because they can clearly see a car in the driveway which indicates somebody has to be home. They bust in the door and proceed to search the house.
Their search leads them downstairs to the basement where they stumble on a deep freezer. Like some of you probably were, I thought that Mary’s body was going to be in there but nope. There was a body in the freezer but it was someone else’s and from the smell of it, it’s a body that’s been in the freezer awhile. I think it’s Scarlets old boyfriend, Steve. Remember, earlier in the episode Mary had that conversation with Scarlet about Steve and Mary told her he was long gone. Scarlet is nutter butters, so I think she may have killed him.
- Blake is dead…. I just…
- I AM SO MAD BLAKE IS DEAD!!
- Cheyenne is a badass.
- Rosie’s dad knows what happened to her and I hope tells Cassie and Jenny what they need to know.
- Ronald has a picture of his mom on the back of his phone case and he talks to it.
- Horst having Sheriff Wagy say that Blakes death was suicide.
- What does the Kleinsasser family have on Sheriff Wagy?
- “You can thank me later.”
- Cassie and Jenny’s conversation about grief.
- I am literally doing an eye roll over this same storyline of an asshole sheriff giving the ladies a hard time. When Sheriff Wagy was talking to Jenny, I could not hide my annoyance. It’s boring.
- Why don’t Cassie and Jenny go to places together? safety in numbers, HELLO?
- But for real, did Scarlet kill Steve?
- Ronald will have cereal whenever he can get it.
- Rand killing Cole Danvers with a shovel and then John Wayne doing the exact same to Blake.
- “I think those jeans are squeezing your nuts up into your brain.”