Chicago P.D. 9×20 “Memory” is a creepy episode, and one that examines what we remember, why we remember it and how those memories, or lack thereof, affect our lives. It’s also an episode that focuses on Burzek, on the type of parents they are, on the family they can be. It’s an hour that feels, in many ways, long overdue, and yet one that has you at the edge of your seat for the entire hour — for more than case related reasons.
There’s also a sprinkle of the balance we’ve been asking this show in Chicago P.D 9×20 “Memory,” and though this show will probably never be Chicago Fire in that respect, the truth is that this season and particularly the back half, has helped bring back the notion that this team is a family, not just in bad times. And though there’s still a ways to go in this regard, even a step or two forward feels like a lot in our book.
Here are some teases about Chicago P.D. 9×20 “Memory”:
- I know he’s had his ups and downs in the nine seasons of this show, but I dare anyone to look at Adam Ruzek now and say he’s not a good dude, and a great father.
- No, but like …he’s got an A+ parenting moment in this hour, and no, it’s not the one you’re thinking of. He’s just very, very good at being a girl dad.
- Marina Squerciati does this thing where she isn’t actually speaking, but her eyes are emoting in like 57 different ways, and it’s always amazing to see the range of emotion she can convey without a word.
- Hailey and Kim SPEAK! More than once! Hallelujah.
- TV cops will do TV cops things.
- When Upstead is doing the blue/red shirt thing at the same time, it’s just very, very attractive to me. Not even just because they are, separately, two very attractive people, but there’s that too.
- In every procedural there are cases that get you, and cases you can sort of ignore. This is the type that makes you emotional.
- One sentence said to Kim gave me CHILLS, and not in a good way. Five words. Creepiest thing ever.
- Adam asks a question we’ve all been asking near the end of this hour, and like, same, Adam. Same.
- I almost threw a shoe at my TV as the screen faded to black.
Are you excited for Chicago P.D. 9×20 “Memory”? Share with us in the comments below!
Chicago P.D. airs Wednesdays at 10/9c on NBC.